Wayne County, North Carolina
Board of Elections
2019-2021 Precinct Official Appointments
The Wayne County Board of Elections relies on civic-minded community members to help operate each of our 30 polling places on Election Day. If you're interested in becoming a Precinct Official, please read the qualifications and requirements below and then fill out a Precinct Official application.
- Must be a Wayne County registered voter;
- Must not be a candidate or relative of a candidate;
- Must not be an elected official, a political party office holder, or be a manger or treasurer for a candidate or a political party;
- Must not serve at the same polling place as a spouse, child, spouse of a child, sister, or brother.
(Click here for a Precinct Official Qualifications pamphlet)
- Must attend all required training classes prior to an election & must work on Election Day in order to be paid for training classes;
- Must work all day on Election Day (approximately 6 a.m.-8 p.m.);
- Must have reliable transportation to and from assigned polling location;
- Must assist with setup of supplies and voting equipment on the day prior to Election Day;
- Must not promote or discuss any candidate, political party, policy/cause, etc. while working!
NCGS § 163-41
Precinct Official Information: